Friday, July 25, 2008

Gilroy Garlic Festival

In all the years that I have lived in the San Jose area, I have never gone to the garlic festival. So Friday afternoon Jim says let's go! OK sounds yummy. So we pack up the kids and head on over. Since we went on Friday it wasn't super busy and we didn't have to wait in any lines. They had all kinds of delicious food to taste. It was a good thing we came hungry - I wanted to try a bit of everything. We even tried the garlic ice cream. Now I must say it wasn't BAD - but it wasn't great either. Mark liked it though so he got to finish it :) They had a neat place for the kids (although in my opinion there could have been more room allotted to the kids area). Lilliana and Mark both got cute aprons and Lilliana and I build a small sail boat out of wood. Then Lilliana had lots of fun going on all the kiddie rides they had. Mark got to play in the bounce house. By then the kids were getting tired so we decided to call it a day. But before we left we got some ice cream cones - the kids both really enjoyed these...
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I would love to go! I totally love garlic. Though I am not too sure about garlic ice cream....

Sherree Mullen said...

garlic icecream? I once went when I was about to pop with Melissa and had a heat stroke and was then rushed out, not too bad of a way to travel to the car though?